Hello, and thanks for visiting Nordic Notes. My name is Nick, and I will be student teaching in Norway this Spring, the reality of which hasn't hit yet. I'll be living with two other student teachers, and I have created this blog to chronicle our experience. I am looking forward to living within another culture, teaching, eating lots of fresh seafood, and skiing (Norwegians ski before they can walk, right?). Maybe I'll even base jump ... or not (see video at bottom of blog).

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

3 Interesting Facts:



1. The fjord is clear enough along the water's edge that I can see starfish.

2. Brown cheese is brown due to a longer boiling time of the milk, which caramelizes the sugars in the milk.

3. One of the teachers at the Rosendal school has been arrested and interrogated by the Stasi (the East German secret police).

2 comments:

  1. The star fish are cool. I always thought of them as warm water creatures. I guess I was wrong. Do they have any predators?
    cathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if they have a predator(s). Elizabeth and I went to the aquarium in Bergen, but we didn't see a lot of information about the local starfish.

    ReplyDelete